Tuesday, February 1, 2011

21 Day Corporate Daniel Fast- Day 1

Today, is the first day that my church has embarked upon doing the Daniel's Fast. I'm excited about this. I haven't did a fast in over 10 years. I know the power of God that shows up when you fast and pray. I started a business back in 2001 and I fasted and prayed for almost 3 months. God showed himself mighty and strong to me. My faith was strong and huge. I desire to get that back. I want to have God at my core being and everything conforms around Him.

The Fast

It's 6:25pm to be exact, I have followed my prayer schedule and have not fallen off course of the guidelines. I made Vegetable Layered Enchiladas w/ Vegan Cheddar Cheese.  I have had only water to drink. This was my first meal for the day. I will probably snack on some dried bananas or salsa and Wheat tortilla chips.

The Encounter
When I woke up this morning, Millionaire Matchmaker was on. I watched for a little bit and began to feel guilty about watching it, because these 21 Days are devoted to time with God. So of course I turned it off and began to pray. As the day went on as usual,, I got a little impatient with my kids as I was getting them ready for school. As soon as I fixed my mouth to raise my voice and snap at them I felt conviction. So again, I stopped and prayed. I was picking up my sons from school and seen a women who was severely obese, and I began to think "OMG". Before I could even began to think any further I felt bad for my reaction and I stopped and prayed for her health and strength. Every time I slip to curse or say something ungodly, I was convicted. The conviction isn't anything new, however it feels so intense because of the the fact that its being illuminated so I can't ignore it. Its sad, that it takes for me to enter a fast to heighten my awareness of how often I make an offense toward God.


Already, God is answering my prayer to show me my short comings so that I can fix them. I desire to  have the mind of Christ and desire to love people the way He does. As I write this I'm shaking my head at myself of how quickly I am impatient with my kids and how quickly I was forming an opinion about someone I didn't know. You may be thinking, "well Ro, these are all normal, everyone does it".  Well, I am thinking but its not ok. I don't wanna be like everyone else, I wanna be more like Christ. I was called to be set apart from this world. I was called for a purpose and so were you. I don't want to walk this earth and never fulfill the main purpose I was placed here for and that's to be more like Christ.

This is Day 1, I'm in it for the long haul. I need so much from God. Mainly more of Him. There isn't enough for me to sacrifice to equal just getting more of Him.  I'm in Phillippians 3:14 mode, I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Facebook Badge