Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Daniel Fast, Day 14- Just a Little Help with Snacks.

Well, we have 7 days left till we get to the finish line of this fast. I'm excited and overjoyed about how far we have come and soon this will be done (lol). Overall, I can't say that I have not given in to my weakness, because I have.  Ninety-nine percent of the time it was to my own carelessness of not looking at the ingredients of things I picked up. I failed twice, to just absolutely not even paying attention to what I was doing. For example, my sister was passing out gum two Sundays ago and I stuck my hand out for it because my mouth was still "toothpastey" and dry.  So I am just a chumping away on this gum, headed straight for my Pastor's Office. Of course the topic of choice that was going on was the Daniel Fast. I join in the conversation to say, "Yeah man, I'm doing great! I haven't fell yet", at the same time I'm grabbing peppermints to put in my pocket (totally oblivious, right?). Ding! Ding! Ding! Ding! Ding, the alarm goes off in my head that I'm chewing gum. I scream loudly, "O-M-G, I am chewing gum".  Of course Pastor, consoled my failure and told me to stay in the race, its okay. The second time I fell because I just wasn't paying attention, was at home. I had just poured my kids a cup of V8 Splash Juice. My baby girl, drunk hers half way and left her cup alongside of my cup of water. About 20 minutes past, I was finishing up a blog for this site and I reached for my cup, but I picked up her cup.  I took a good gulp of the juice that I thought was water. Then ding, ding ding ding ding, the alarm goes of that I am not drinking water. I spit it out on my laptop screen, and again I yelled "O-M-G, that's juice". Then I yelled "O-M-G, my laptop!" Now, after those two incident, I carefully look at what I am consuming before I eat or drink it.

Just a Little Help with Snacks


For those who need help with snacks, Trader Joe's is the places to go. There are several items you can get from there and be satisfied. They have Cereal Bars like Nutri Grain Bars, that are multi grain and no sugar. The Bars has no additives or preservatives and are very good. There is Trader Joe's Roasted Plantains, (The purple bag laying flat) they taste like Better Made Potato Chips. The pink yellow and green bag is a fruit and veggie snack, you can't taste the veggies at all. They also have the fruit only bag, called Ends and Pieces; but I have smashed them already.  Down at the bottom are some more fruit snacks, however these are by Trader Joe's. They are really sweet even though there is no sugar. They remind me of Fruit by the Foot. I don't suggest going to town on these because they are just that sweet.  Another snack, that can be purchased at any store is the Tostitos Artisan Recipes Corn Tortilla Chips. The flavor I have is Roasted Garlic & Black Bean. These are so good, especially with salsa or some left over Daniel Fast Meatless Chili.

I hope this a help to those of you who are on the fast or will be soon doing the fast.  The most important thing is to read labels. Its is very tedious work, to eat. Especially if you are going to eat out everyday. However, there are few restaurants that you can go to and stay on target.  I went to B.D. Mongolian BBQ and its a great place to eat at while being on the fast. You are in control of what you put on your plate because you fix it and they have brown rice. If you go to subway, the Veggie Delight Sub on Flat Bread or Salad w/ Vinegar and Oil for your dressing, and remember no cheese. Sounds plain, but its so good. I never knew how flavorful veggies really are until now.

For the Ministry I attend, we are almost at the finish line. Let's finish strong. Don't give up.

1 Corinthians 9:24 Do you not know that in a race all the runners run, but only one gets the prize? Run in such a way as to get the prize.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Facebook Badge